Complete Guide for removing stains and spills:
Beer contents and stain: colorless to light yellow, slightly stiff. Contains: Hops, malts, alcohol, albumin, tannin
What to do on Beer spills and stains: (follow these steps)
- Apply detergent solution (NDS) and blot.
- Apply vinegar solution (ACID), blot frequently.
- Rinse with water, blot until dry. Blood contents and stain: reddish when fresh, dries to dark brown with irregular edge.
Contains: albumin, fat, fibrin, iron
What to do on Blood stains: (follow these steps)
- Apply cool detergent solution (NDS), blot.
- Apply cool ammonia solution (ADS), blot.
- Apply enzyme detergent (EDS, blot.
- Rinse thoroughly with water, blot until dry.
- If stain remains, apply rust remover or oxalic acid solution.
- Bleaching with 3-5% hydrogen peroxide may be necessary
Butter & Margarine contents and stain: greasy, yellowish-red sometimes built up.
Contains: Vegetable dye, corn oil, milk, salt, preservatives, vegetable fats.
What to do on Butter stains: (follow these steps)
- Apply dry cleaning solvent
- Apply detergent solution (VDS) blot until dry
- Apply vinegar solution (ACID) blot
- Rinse with water, blot until dry.
Candle Wax contents and stain: stiff and built up.
Contains: petroleum animal fats and oils, vegetable fats and oils, basic dyes.
- Scrape off as much as possible with spatula or dull knife.
- Apply dry cleaning solution (VDS).
- Apply POG (NVDS)
- Apply dry cleaning solvent (VDS) blot.
- Alternate use a brown paper bag bat & iron. place bag over wax and iron on bag shifting until removed.